Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Feature Idea

I have a soft spot for local newspapers.

Having worked for a couple for a short while and having familty working in them, I think they're a really important part of local communities.

That's why I want to look into how local newspapers are dealing with the challenge of the internet and declining circulations. Sarah Radford spoke to us about her newspaper, the Newbury Weekly News, and it's website which has just won the Weekly Newspaper Website of the year.

I want to look at the challenges of being multi-media skilled, and how local newspapers are adapting. To do this I aim to speak to someone involved with Kent Online, the website of the Kent Messenger Group, which has been at the forefront of the online 'revolution' in newspapers and someone from its rival paper, the Medway News which has no real online content.

I want to look at some examples of different ways of doing things and get an insight into the future of the genre.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Doidge said...

That's a brilliant idea, Paddy.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Blamerbell said...

The third nipple strikes again.

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home